Have you Lost iPhone Contacts? Ever Organized them? What would happen to your Contacts if you Change your Phone
We have lost iPhone contacts, and we have seen others lost crucial contacts. Even if you don’t loose them, you get puzzled by, how to transfer them without wasting time. Without first taking any organized step, whenever we get to use a newer Phone, we just key in contacts. Be it smartphone or any low end phone, we don’t realize how would we transfer to other phone, say six months down the road.
This just happened to me, too. All my contacts gone from my iPhone. Apple, where are you when we need you?
Have you Lost iPhone Contacts? Ever Organized them? What would happen to your Contacts if you Change your Phone.
How Crucial Could be Loosing Contact?
Without first taking any organized step, whenever we get to use a newer Phone, we just key in contacts. Be it smartphone or any low end phone, we don’t realize how would we transfer to other phone, say six months down the road. We have lost iPhone contacts, and we have seen others lost crucial contacts. Even if you don’t loose them, you get puzzled by, how to transfer them without wasting time.
3 Main Reasons for Loosing information?
One reason we loose contacts, or information is because of inherent “Unreliability of Software”. Even though Apple is revered world over, because of its reliability. You can get your phone to malfunction while recharging. Second reason is not approaching “Managing Contacts” as a long term resource and how to transfer them to your next phone. Third Main Reason we believe frustration with Contacts is, “Cross Platform” incompatibility. You can perhaps import iPhone contacts to GMail. But that wouldn’t be a obvious thing to do. Could you get to talk iPhone to Windows or Android Platform? Or even Lynx?
What is Synonym with Organization?
One thing that comes to Mind is if you can have all your contacts on Excel. It gives you easy way to organize, from a scale of extreme organization to a simple one that would suffice for even a lay person.Your Goal should be to make a back up of one’s iPhone contacts, preferably in a printed list. If that could be done, thats the best way to avoid any problem in the future. Some people would perhaps want to Keep perhaps Google Contacts, separate from MacBook or iPhone Contacts. One may want to Merge them together. There are many contacts you wouldn’t want on your iPhone.
Free App My Contacts Backup:
One could use the free app My Contacts Backup, which would give the option to export your iPhone contacts as Excel file which can perhaps be printed or used on PC/Mac or on anyother phone you may get to use in future.
Want to be Super Organized? Try ExcelContacts App
The interface is easy to use, it is not just Created to help tech savvy cell phone users, but also people who don’t want to know the underlaying details of how an app that can communicate with different formats works.
It takes iTunes out of equation of Anything to do with Contacts, you can just use ExcelContacts to complete the process Quickly.
The killer feature of ExcelContacts, is super ease of import and export of contacts, and it gives the ability quickly export user’s contact list through many ways like via USB connection, or EMail, or even through a private website on the Wi-Fi network. Here are the main Features
- Quick 5 Ways to Export and Transfer Contacts
- Fast 5 Ways to Import Contacts to iPhone
- Works with Excel, OpenOffice, Numbers Mac Excel
- Export/Import contacts to/from a VCF file. (That is Native for iOS Platforms)
- You can now export iPhone contacts to an Excel file which can then be imported to Outlook Contacts directly.
- You can now export/import iPhone contacts to/from a Gmail CSV-format file.
- Works with DropBox, that seems to be preferred way, nowadays to export files over to Dropbox or download import files from Dropbox.
- All Contact fields except Ringtones can be exported/imported.
- ExcelContacts protects you from iTunes sync accidents which can delete your contacts.
- For Businessmen, ExcelContacts can support 30,000+ contact entries.
- Embed photos in Excel
To avoid Contacts loss, the above mentioned ways in our honest opinion are the best things you can do to avoid any frustration connected with “important Information Loss”. Perhaps more than any App, it wide angle view of how to get organized for future. Let us know of your thoughts.
Latest posts by Joshua Logan (see all)
- Ready Or Not For A 3D Gesture? 3D Gestures Coming To iOS Soon - August 22, 2013
- Love Hidden Picture Puzzles? Think PixHole App - August 21, 2013
- Blog Through iPhone WordPress App; Be a Mobile Blogger - August 17, 2013